Kohana has become somewhat of a new-found obsession for me, I am releasing yet another Kohana module contribution in the form of a theming module that allows you to add theme functionality to your Kohana projects.
First and foremost, in its current state, this module is merely a fancy wrapper around Kohana modules that allows you to have a custom set of theme directories. Behind the scenes the active theme is loaded as a module into Kohana and worked with like it can be any other way. This module is for Kohana 3.3.
I have other plans for the module including;
- Template support — Integration with Kohana templating and support for established templating languages such as Mustache, Twig and Smarty
- Better userguide — The userguide is currently incomplete, this will change sooner than later
- Unit test everything — One of my 2013 goals is to properly unit test everything, we are over half way and I’ve started. This module will eventually be completely unit tested.
- Events — Integrating the events functionality of my plugins module into the theme module to allow for events to be used.
- Intelligent view loading — Intelligently load views, master templates and views based on current controller, action and directory.
Star the project on Github here and help it grow, plus know when updates are released for the module. If you would like to help, fork the project and send some pull requests, it’s that simple.