Yes, I play the new Candy Crush: Soda Saga game (don’t judge me), it passes the time while waiting for my bus and train ride home. In doing so I discovered a nifty little glitch in the game that allows you to get unlimited lives.
The process is a little involved, but I thought I would share it. This isn’t a Candy Crush hack, this is merely a glitch in how the game checks for lives sent to you by a Facebook friend.
- You need to have Facebook connected to the game.
- You need at least one Facebook friend who plays the game and can/will send you a life when you run out.
- Once a friend (or friends) send you a life, don’t accept it right away.
- Disconnect completely from wifi and cellular internet (the easiest way is putting your phone into flight mode).
- Make sure the game is completely closed, but you have the pending life/lives ready to accept in the game.
- Open the game and accept the life (then go into a game and spend it by attempting a level). Once you run out of lives again, simply close the game down completely, ensuring you are still in flight mode and then open it back up. Provided that this little glitch is still working when you read this, you should be able to accept the lives from your Facebook friends again.
There is a funny story about how I discovered this little glitch. When I was in the US recently I took over my Australian Galaxy S4, but the screen shattered one night when I was playing air hockey at an arcade. So I had to buy a new phone, I found a used Galaxy S4 Active and used it in the US. However upon return home, the phone doesn’t work with Australian 4G (on Telstra anyway), so I only have internet when connected via wifi and not when I am out and about.